Effective Date: December 15, 2021
We will be clear about the data we collect and why. Our primary purpose in collecting your data is to be able to equip you with effective application protection services that provide a more agile data protection and ransomware protection to existing and unknown threats.
Please, if you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we Collect?
We collect your information: (1) when you sign up for a tenant and use our software (“Software Collection”); (2) when you interact with certain portions of our website, such as our blogs and support (“Website Collection”); (3) when you communicate with us by email, chat, or otherwise (“Dialogue Collection”); and (4) when you apply to work for us (“Job Applicant Collection”). We collect this information, which may include personal information, directly from you, from other persons, and automatically as you use our Website and our Services. The type of information that we collect from or about you depends on your interaction with our Website and our Services.
Information We Collect From You: We may collect the following information from you: Contact Information (such as name, email address, mailing address, or phone number); Information about your business (such as company name, company size, business type). We also collect information from you when you when you post comments, ask questions in our blog, fill out a tenant profile, apply for a job, or voluntarily decide to grant us remote access to provide you with technical support. We may collect and store all posted blog information and make them available for public viewing. If you purchase a product or service, we also collect payment information, which is processed by our service provider; we do not have access to your payment information. We also collect information directly from you as described below.
Software Collection – information collected when using our backup service
The Elastio tenant console does not have access to data that you protect. Your data stays within your AWS accounts and under your control.
We collect metadata that is necessary for the functionality of our service or for our performance of providing the service to you. For example, we will collect AWS resource Id’s, resource settings, S3 bucket information for the buckets Elastio created metadata on protected assets, metadata on unprotected assets and VPC names.
Job Application Collection
When you apply for a position at Elastio, we ask you to provide information about yourself including, but not limited to:
- Contact details, including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address.
- Your past education and job history, and other customary details you include on your resume or curriculum vitae; and
- Voluntary EEO or similar data required to comply with applicable laws, including equal Employment Opportunity record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Information We Collect Automatically as You Use our Website and our Services: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate, and anonymously generated device identifiers and administer the site.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies. Elastio and its service providers collect information through “cookies” and other similar tracking technologies to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Cookies are text files saved by your browser when you visit our Website or use our Services. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to identify that you have logged in, to tell us how and when you interact with our software or services, and to check aggregate usage and web traffic. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted when you log off and close your browser. If you prefer, you can always change your browser options to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to access the entirety of our software and services.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. We also may use clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on our Website. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and application pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website and services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Website and services usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Transactional Purposes: to provision the requested services and orders; to establish and update your account; and for other transactional purposes.
- Customer service/communications: to answer your inquiries and for customer support purposes, including troubleshooting.
- Marketing/Advertising: for marketing purposes, including to provide you with our newsletter and information about our products and services and the products and services of our corporate relatives.
- Research and development/Analytical purposes: for research and development purposes, including to improve our Website and Services; to understand what parts of our Website, Software, and services are most popular or to improve upon such offerings; to understand our customer demographics; to administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for user engagement or market research purposes; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal compliance: to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
- Protection of us and others: where we believe it is necessary to protect us and others, including, without limitation to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, security incidents, or other issues where we believe it is appropriate to protect us and others.
Sharing of Information
We share your information with the following entities:
- Corporate Relatives. We may share your information with current or future parent company, affiliate, subsidiary or division.
- Service Providers. We share your information with our service providers or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we share your information with service providers who host our Website, assist with processing payments, assist us in detecting and deterring fraud, security incidents, or other unlawful activity, and for other business purposes as described above in how we use your information. We also permit service providers to collect information about you online through cookies and other tracking tools; please see Cookies and Tracking and Analytics sections below.
- Other Website Users. If you post a review, pictures, or other content on our Website, the contents of your post (including any pictures that you post) as well as other information, such as your username, may be available to all visitors to our Website.
- Analytics Providers/Advertisers. As set forth above, we share information with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us in implementing and evaluating relevant advertising. Often the information that we share is collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies on our website.
We may also share your information in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative, or judicial process or other similar requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or governmental agencies any activities that we believe are in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations without providing notice.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate and de-identified information about our customers for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Our Website, Software, and services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your transactions or any services you have requested or received from us.
If you post to our blog, any information that you post may become public and will be viewable by other visitors to our Website.
Children Under 13
Our services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Website, Software or services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Website. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information, we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Website.